The Shoutbox is now installed, please see Announcements for details. (October 29, 2019)

Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covid 19.
Day 15 at levek 2, kevel 3 in Auckland.. Srrms the cirrent kevels were only extended 4 days, so due to be changed or not on friday.. There was 6 new cases yesterday wth 8 people in hispital, 2 of which are still in intensebe cre, we now have a total od 129 cases this tine, one person has recovered, no new deaths as yet.. Got to love watching all the politicking on Parliament TV at present with our rlections now being on 17 Ocyober, mosty the opposition party is made to loo a bir silly because of it, it's kind of sad they have to politice something like Covid reakky..
Love many, trust few, paddle your own waka.
Day 16 at level 2, level 3 in Auckland.. We had 7 more cases yesterday, so 136 in total this time round, 10 people in hospital, 2 of those in intensibe care.. Wearing of masks on public transport while on level 2 oe above comes yn tonight.. The schools will be having masks between classes, but not in ckass which IMO is jind of odd, the lids should wear masls in class if ib Auckland as they're closer together.. We're being told we may dro a level next week, but while we're still getting new cases it seems umlikely, they still gaven't found where this outbreak started from, or rather who started it for sure, so IMO they;d be silly to drop a level until the person or people are found..
Day 17 of level 2, level 3 in Auckland.. We had 6 new cases yesterday bringing this total to 136, 10 are in hospital, 3 in intensive care, 9 people have now recovered, to date there's been no deaths on this outbreak.. The wearing of masks on public transpor from level 2 and above starts on monday, schools will also be wearing masks betweeb classes, not sure why bt the young children won;t need masks at school, just jigh schools and universities..

I geat there;s now been 180,000 deaths in the US from Covid and over 1.5 million cases, can anyone in the US confirm this?
Day 18 of level 2, level 3 in Auckland.. Well, Auckland drops a lebel tomorrow night and the wearing of masks comes in at the same time on level 2 or higher on public transport,, There was 5 new cases ib Auckland uesterday so I'm surprised they're droppibg a level up there, it puts Auckland up to 140 cases now..
Day 19 of level 2, level 3 in Auckland.. Today is the day Auckland drops a level to join the rest of us on level 2, the wearing of masks in public transport in level 2 oe above comesin tonight too, high school kids wil have to wear masks between classes as well.. We had 4 new cases yedterday with 10 still in hospiyal, about 6 people have now recovered.. It seems odd they're dropping Auckland a level while they're still getting new cases, I suspect the governments bowing to pressure from the businesses there who are all saying they;re close to closing down because of the lack of business, the odd thing is that those businesses are getting wage subsidies and other help from the hovernment so they won't have to close down permanently..
Day 20 of level 2, and day 1 of lebel 2 for Auckland.. They're calling level 2 in Auckland level 2.5 as they dropped a level, but now have to wear masks on public transport and in schools for kids aged 12 and over.. There was 12 new cases in Aucljand yesterday, 10 are in hospital, 4 of which are in intemsive care ao we're up to 155 cases with 8 recovered.. Paeliament RV may be on tobight, so I'kk tune in for a while just to see what politicking tje opposition will be doing seeing our elections are on 14 October..
Day 21 of level 2.. The sad thing with Auckland dropping to level 2 with the rest of the country is they're now akkowed to travek out of town, they had some 10 new cases up there yesterday too, we don't wabt Covod being brought round the restof the country, IMO they should have a travel ban until after there's no new cases up there, I beloeve there's been a few minor protests about it too..
Day 22 at level 2, day 2 for Aickland.. I notice our oposition pary in parliament is stikk rabbiting about the borders, they aren't happy because a few crew members from ships are flying in, then joining a ship at a port and sailing out and not neing tested for Covid, in all cases the crew are here for 3 or maybe 4 hours before leaving to work a ship home if hey had tome to be tested their results wouldn't be back forat least 24 hours, yhose crew tracek fron the airport to the ports on special vuses and have to wear masks and such the whle time until after they board ship so they're npt posing a health risk to anyone..
Day 23 of level 2 or level 2.5 for Auckland.... Well, parliaments beinf officially dissolved on sunday so all the MP's van get out amd campaihm readu for our election on 14 Ocyober, it'll be interesyong to see ow well the Covid will be handled with everyone campaigning, at east the govertnment still has to step up if something happens.. We had 4 new cases uesterday, 8 are in hospital and there's now 12 recovered, still no deaths this time round so our deaths still stand at 21 to date.. It seems most prople are wearing their masks when necessary, a lot of taxi and bus drivers are carrying spare masks and are handing them out to folk if they don't have obe..
Day 24 of level 2, or day 3 of level 2.5 in Auckland.. Sadu we had a death yesterday morning in Auckland from the Covid, so oye rotal deaths are now 22.. There was 2 new cases yesterday, one community case and a managed isolation case.. There's 7 folk in hospital at present, 2 are in intensive care, so the second wave of Covid has seen about 176 cases to date.. It seems a lot of the new cases have come from a church gathering in Auckland and a numver of cases in the managed isolation.. Our governments opposition party has done a quick flip flop and gone from wanting the norders opened to asking why more wasn't done to stop this second wave of cases, luckily I doubt they'll win the electection next month, mainly because of some serious negative events that their ministers caused or did, their current leader is IMO not Prime Minister nareriak either..
Day 25 of kevel 2.. Sadly we had a second death yesterday afternoon, so a total of 23 since Covid first arrived here in NZ.. There was also 5 new cases in Auckland and still 7 people in hosputal, so we have about 18- cases this time round with about 4 recovered..

People here are starting to wonder when we'll see a vaccine come out as there's been little mebtion of it on the news, with the death toll rising daily it's getting peopkw concerned, hopefullt we'll get something soon..
Day 26 at level 2, 2.5 in Auckjand.... Parliament was officially disolved yesterday trady for the elections ob 14 Icyober so we'll likely be in the dark as to what's being done or not done, while the government still governs until a new coakutions formed and signed off theu'kk all be campaigning rather than doing their jobs as well as usual.. The Covid figures are tge same as yesterday although they still haven't found how this second outbreak started as tet, someones dragging their heels a bit I thik..
Day 27 of level 2.. It seems now campaigning has started for the elections we're no longer getting our daily 1.00 p.m. news repors on YV, noy even the Prime Minister can take 3- minutes out of her day to do a report remotely via Skype or such, keeping their jobs must ne more important than keepinh the public informed, IMO iy'd look good gor her if she did take the time to keeo everyone informed, oy may get her a few extra votes..
Day 28 of level 2.. Seems we had 5 new cases yesterdat, now we have some 14 recoveries and no further deaths this time round, so 21 deaths while on level 4 and 2 this time on level 2.. Seems our government is still to vusy campaihning to do any news reports, I rather suspect they will get back in after the election and with an increased majority, they have a bonus in that the oppisition has had several scandals this year and a few leadership changes, the current leader is also pretty hopeless IMO, so Ardern should easily get another term as PM and have more M{'s from her party..
Day 29 of level 2.. We had 6 new cases yesterday, 5 are in hospiyal, 2 in intensive care and stable, we're now up to about 190 vases wiyh about 12 recovered.. I heard on the news that a vaccine by early new year would be an optimistic thing, it'd be nice to think we'd have either a vaccine or cyre by then, or be close to getting either or both..
Fay 3- at level 2.. There was only 3 new cases here yesterday, I heard there's now 17 recovered from Covid, the comboned deaths are still 23 people..

I heard yesterday there's now been over 190,000 deaths in the US, it's horrifying to think the government hasn't acted a lot harder there and done things lie cliose the borders and enforce strict lockdowns in every state, IMHO most of the deaths in the US were avoidable..
Dat 31 of level 2,, Our Prime Mimister was getting flacj yesterday after letting Aussie rugby platers into the countrt and be alloweds out to practice after 3 days here, no qyarantine oe such first, everyone else has to fo into managed isolation for 14 days and have Covid tests at 3, 10 and 14 says and pat part of the qyarantine costs, not good heading into an election..
Day 32 back at level 2.. Another 4 cases yesterday, we're now up to around 200 cases this time round, I believe there's now 20 recovered from thar rotal.. We're hearing precious little from our Prime Minister or any other minusters these days seeing our elections are on 14 Octover, they're all to busy trying to get re elected to spend time guvinf us news briefings, getting Covid news means scranvling rpund several online news sites trying to find a little ynfo..
Day 33 of level 2.. Another 4 cases yesterday, all in Auckjand, so far all but 3 or 4 cases have been up there, the total cases this time are yo to around 207, 4 people are in gospital at present.. I heard a few days ago the US is up to almist 200,000 deaths to date, a horrifying number, iy has me wonfering why Trump hasný moved to try and at least slow things down..
Day 34 if kevel 2.. It seems we;re dropping to level 1 on monday night and Auckland will drop in wednesday night, ginen there was 4 more cases in Auckland yesterdat I'm surprised tgey're being dropped next week, they waited until there was o cases for 2 weeks before dropping levels last time..
Day 35 of level 2.. It seems our government can't do roght at present, the businesses in Auckland were complaing they wouldn't survive id level 2.5 kasted any longer, now they're dropping to level 1 next wednesday they have all the doctirs etc saying it;s to soon to drop to level 1 and that Auckland should stay as is until after there's no new cases for at least 2 weels, IMHO I think they're eight, I also feel that folk up there shouldn't be able to travel rhe country at present as it's quite possible they could spread the Covid round the country, lifting their travl ban was IMO a mistake..
Day 36 of level 2 or 2.5 in Auckland,, It was interesting to note that the staff in mt xhemist were all wearing masks on tuesday, yet none oj the checkout staff in the supermarket were wearing masks, IMO it seems a little unnecessary given we;ve had no cases of Covid here this tine round, it's possible iy could japprn thoufgh as there's no travel ban on Aucklanders at present and that's where our second outbreak started, they're sayong it possibly started in one of the managed isokation facilities and went out to the public, several kids at one of the schools in Aucland have now got Covid, so the school is closed and the kids in isolation.. Given we had more cases in Auckland yesterday I feel they should be staying on level 2.5 and have the travel ban put back in place untol after there's no bew cases up there..
Day 37 of level 2.. Ot's friday and we drop to level 1 on mobday night, Auckland drops next wednesday night, given they had 6 more cases yesterday I feel they should stay as is and have a travel ban so thet can't spread the Covid round the coubtry, we have a 6- percent chaance of them bringing it to Hawkes Bay, the risk gets higher the further borth we go..
Day 38 of level 2.. It's saturday and we drop to level 1 on monday nifgt, Auxkland deops on wednesday night wgich I still think is qring seeing they're still fwttinf new cases, a seconf school up there had an 8 year old get Covid the other dat, while tge sxhool is sgut ir shows how fast and easily this Covid spreads, a lot of folk are still annoyed that Aucklanders are allowed to travel fewwly throughout the country at present//
Day 39 of level 2.. Tomorrow night at 11.57 p.m. most of the country dtops to level 1, Auxkland follows suit same time on wednesday night, given they had 4 new cases yesterday I feel rgeyr dropping a level is a mistake, the governmebts advisors say the same thing, they also think there sjould be a travel ban up there, methinks the governments after Aucklanders votes, sadly they'll likely lose the votes elsewhere in the country..