The Shoutbox is now installed, please see Announcements for details. (October 29, 2019)

Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covid 19.
Day 7 back at level 2, it seems we had 6 folk get Covid 19 while on a cruise, they are all recovered and back home now sothat takes the figures up a little, now 1,505 cases with 96% recovered the deaths remain at 21..

Things are still really quiet here, we're still only allowed out for shopping, to see our doctors or go to the chemist for any medications.. Our airline hasn't started up as yet, except to bring any kiwis home from overseas, it seems really quiet with no traffic and no flights passing over these days.. I haven't heard when we'll drop to level 1 as yet, we have a news update at 1.00 p.m. today, given we've had no new cases for several days now there may be some mention of level 1 today..
Love many, trust few, paddle your own waka.
Day 8 back at level 2, we've now had a little over 8 weeks of lockdown here, the bars and restaurants are all reopening today after an 8 week closure, numbers in each place will be limited and those going out will need to book in and limit their group sizes, no more than 10 people in one group going to the bars or restaurants for now, anyone going out will have to log into the bar or restaurants app so they can do the tracing if anyone gets Covid 18 while out..

As of 1.00 p.m. yesteday we'd had no new cases of Covid 19, so still 1,505 cases of which 96% have recovered and one person in hospital at present, our deaths remain at 21 to date so hopefully it won't be a long wait until we drop to level 1 and closer to normality..

It remains hard to get things done at present, a simple visit to see the doctor currently means making an appointment, then going through 20 questions on arrival, and having the temerature taken before seeing the doctor, while it's understandable it's a little frustrating all round, it'll be good when the world can return to some kind of normal again..
Day 9 back at level 2, the 1.00p.m. report yesterday said no new cases of Covid 19 here, so still 1,504 confirmed cases of which 97% have now recvered, we had no new deaths, so the toll still stands at 21 people..

All the bars, clubs and restaurants reopened yesterday, I haven't heard of anyone breaking the rules or such as a result whch is good, no doubt after over 8 weeks of no bars or restaurants there was a few people drinking more than they should've, no doubt there's a few self inflicted sore heads this morning, lol.. It's good to have things slowly returning to normal, hopefully our airline will be able to start flying again soon and those who drive can get back to travelling for work or holidays out of town..
Day 19 back at level 2, we didn't get our usual report at 1.00 p.m. yesterday, I did catch some news on TV last night saying our figures are still the same as yesterday which is good..

Our government has been in talks with the Australian government to start a trans tasman bubble which would mean that folk from either country could travel freely and notworry about going into isolation on the other side once getting there, from what I can gather, Aussie are still getting new cases of Covid there, albeit in smll amounts now, so it coud be a while before things start, if it happens..
Day 20 back on level 2 and our figures remain the same as yesterday which is good news for us.. At present gatherings are limited to 10 people, our government has said if the figures stayed down the limit would be increased, something the folk having either weddings or funerals will be grateful for as they will get to have up to 100 attend, I believe the governments meeting tomorrow to review things and discuss what can be eased up on..

Both the maori and the pacific islanders traditionally have a lot of folk attend weddings and funerals, so they'll be quite pleased to have the gathering number increased, especially after the government said 100 people, then dropped it to 10 people, there was a big fuss made about that change, maori families tend to be fairly big once all the aunts, uncles, cousins and such are all added up, it's very easy to have over 100 at a funeral so going up to 100 at gatherings will be a welcome move..
Day 12 is what today should be, it seems we're no longer getting our daily news reports on Covid 19, at least not while there's no new cases or deaths to report, there wasn't much on the TV news last night, all we got was how bad things are overseas at present, it seems New York has now had some 10,000 deaths from Covid 19 which considering there's now been some 80,000 deaths through the whole of the YS, new Yorks figures make very grim reading, it makes me think we've been very lucky to date with our figures being very low at present, we still have had 1,305 cases of which 97$ have recovered and 21 deaths to date, these figures are over the whole country..
Day 13 and we've only had one case of Covid in the last 10 days.. It looks like the groups can increase to 100 from friday which is good for those having weddings or funerals, they're limited to 10 people at present..
Day 14 of level 2, it seems we have to go 4 weeks without a new case of Covid in order to drop to level 1, we had a case pop up on saturday so the countdown starts again from then.. On the upside, gatherings can increase from 10 to 100 on friday, that means folk will get to have proper weddings and funerals again..
Day 165 at level 2 today, we have a little over 24 hours to go before our gatherings can be increased, we;ll be allowed up to 100 people at an event or party as of mid dat friday..

To date we've had 1,504 cases of Covid of which almost 98% have recovered, still the 21 deaths to date..
In order to drop to level 1 we have to go 28 days without a new case of Covid happening, so 22 days and counting, hopefully the government saying 29 days of no new cases may get folk following the rules so life gets a little easier at level 1..
Day 15 of level 2 here, nothing new to add today as we've had no new cases, the gathering size changes in about 2 hours from a maximum of 10 people per group up to 100, thankfully things are going in the right direction here.. How is the Covid ib your country, have you got on top of it yet?
Day 16 back at level 2 and we;ve had the increase in size of gatherings since luncg time yesterday, surprisingly I didn't hear ant parties near by last night.. The bars, clubs and restaurants were able yo take increased sizes of groups too, the restaurants for example could take a group booling for say 30 people, but had to have a 2 metre soace between one group and another and only have one server per group, that had me feeling for the staff as they may have had groups of 40 or more and one person was expected to serve both drinks and meals to the whole group, that will keep them really busy for a while, all the bars, clubs and restaurants have been closed for 8 weeks so a lot of prope would've been keen to get out last night..
Day 17 back at level 2, no new cases for the past week, so 3 more weeks of no new cases and we get to drop to level 1 and a few more relaxed rules, we don't know what will be relaxed at level 1 as yet which is kind of sad, if folk had something to aim for they'd have an incentive not to break the current rules..
Day 18 back at level 2 and no news today, the xases of Covid remain at 1,505 with about 98% recovered and still the 21 deaths to date.. Knock on wood we've been lucky as far as Covid goes with the government going in hard and fast with the lockdown, I'm not sure I agree with everything they've done to date, but we seem to have been spared a lot of sick peope and high numbers of deaths this far..
Day 19 back on level 2, no news today as we've not had any new cases or deaths in the past 24 hours..
Day 20 at level 2, it seems our government is having a cabinet meeting next monday to decide whether we drop to level 1 or not, if we do drop a level it could hapen as soon as next wednesday assuming there's no new cases of Covid happen between now and then.. Folk are getting annoyed at still being on level 2 so I hope it happens..
Day 21 of level 2, I was watching Parliament TV last night, the opposition National party was quite upset at the fact we could be dropping to level 1 next wednesday, if there's no new cases of Covid between now and then, it's election year here this September, no doubt National wanted to score points off Labours slowness to drop a level in a hurry, IMO the majority of the public have been pretty good about following the rules for the past 9 weeks or so, we haven't had any new cases in over 3 weeks now, so I think it's time to look at dropping a lebel bow.. We've had to borrow some $60 billin to see us through to now, the sooner things get bak to normal the sooner some of thee money can be repaid instead of having to borrow more, most folk here would sooner be back to working as usual now..

Our unemployment has doubled since Covid 19 got here, it was at 4% I believe it's now 9% and businesses have had massive amounts of bailout money to pay staff wages and see business owners with an income while closed, reports are saying it could take up to 10 years for the country to get back to where it was pre Covid 19, so some careful management will be needed for some time especially as no one wants to increase taxes at present..
Day 22 of level 2, no new cases of Covid in the past 24 hours, all those who were sick have now recovered, bar the 21 deaths of course.. Our opposition government party is still saying we should be on level 1 by now, I think the government is playing it safe and waiting until next week to drop a level after increasing gathering numbers from a maximum of 10 to 100 which is fair enough I guess..
Day 23 of level 2, we now haven't had any new cases of Covid in 3 weeks, the last case got the country up to 1,504 cases in total, all have recovered bar the 21 deaths of course.. The government is still meeting on monday to decide whether ot not to drop to level 1, there's no reason not to seeing we've had no new cases, if we go down a level it could happen next wednesday..

We've all been locked up for over 9 weeks now, us kiwis love the outdoors whether it be for sport, fishing, hunting or whatever, so these past few months have been hard for a lot of folk, most of us believe in the work hard, play hard, party hard rule, over 2.5 months without has seen them do it hard, there will no doubt be a lot of parties when we go dowb a level, then folk will be able to get back to things like sports and hunting again.
Day 24 of level 2, still no new cases of Covid here, the drop to level 1 on wednesday is looking a little more like it'll happen.. I had an appointment to see my doctor on friday, I got given a questioning before I was allowed in the door, all the questions about Covid symptoms, and whether or not I'd been tested, while it was a bit of a nuisance the doctor was only protecting his staff from possible infection, most doctors are doing one consultation followed by 2 telephone consults to help keep the risk down, given my hearings bad I had to go in rather than have a phone consult..
Day 25 of level 2 now, we've had lockdown for some 10 weeks or a little over now.. Today is the day our government meets and decides if we drop to level 1 or not on wednesday, most of us are hoping for and expecting a drop, especially as we haven't had any new cased in over 3 weeks now.. I don't know how long we'll be on level 1 as yet, from what I've heard it's dependant on when both a cure and vaccine are found, that could be quite some time away, it'd be good to think both have been found by christmas..
After 25 days on level 2 our government had it;s meeting yesterday and rather than us get the usual 48 hours notice we dropped to level 1 last night, truth be known they were under pressure to get the country down ro level 1, most folk were saying it should've happened at leat a week ago.. I went out shopping earlier, everyone I saw seemed happy we'd gone to level 1 at last..

At present things will now return to normal, trade will get underway again and businesses get back to operating normally once more, the only thing that stays as is are the countries borders which will remain closed until other countries are Covid free, than they'll gradually be allowed to travel here again..
Day 2 back at level 1, the mood round town has picked up a lot with this drop, we can all get back to planning holidays within the country once more as we're free to travel as and when we like again.. We started level 4 74 days ago now, there was the better part of a week before that we went up the levels, so about 11 weeks of restrictions are all but gone now, the borders remain the only thing to be reopened.. I was surprised how many folk were still wearing masks when I went shopping yesterday, we've not had any Covid cases in town for several weeks now, those folk were ysing the free hand sanitiser and trolet wipes too, possibly good to see folk taing precautions, especially the older ones..
Day 3 back down at level 1, it's god seeing things get back to normal again, we're starting to get a reasonable amount of traffic back on my street again which was always busy before Covid 19 arrived, I've not moticed any flights start up again as yet, all the planss usually pass over my place when they arrive or leave town, no doubt they'll start up again soon..
Day 4 back at level 1, folk are enjoting having almost ublimuted freedom back again, no trips overseas is the only thing off the list at present woth our borders still closed, no doubt they'll remain closed for some time ubfortunately..
Day 4 back at level 1 and no new news this mornng, everyine seems to be enjoying life with no more lockdown in place..