Sandy's Whare
The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Printable Version

+- Sandy's Whare (https://sandyswhare.createmybb4.com)
+-- Forum: General korero. (https://sandyswhare.createmybb4.com/forum-22.html)
+--- Forum: General Korero. (https://sandyswhare.createmybb4.com/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. (/thread-21.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 10-16-2019

Morena everyone, I hope you have a good day..

Much more of this cool wet weather and this old fella will go stir crazy, at least I've got things to do inside to help keep me occupied, I find to many dull wet cool days and they get a little depressing, need sunny warm days back now just to lift the spirits a bit, and see the ducks over in the park get fed..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 10-17-2019

At last, after a week of dull overcast weather and the last 3 days of heavy rain we have a nice fine day, it may well see me go over to the park later and feed the ducks just to get out for a while and stop going stir crazy.. Hopefully spring is back to stay now.. Smile

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 10-18-2019

I'm late getting online this morning after having to go see my doctor which took rather longer than planned, it should've only taken 10 to 15 minutes, but ended up taking a lot longer, at least a couple of new problems are now addressed and will hopefully now get better, hopefully I'll only need to see my doctor for my usual monthly prescriptions for a while now..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 10-19-2019

Not sure if it's the weather here or not, but I overslept again this morning, now I'm playing catch up.. At least it's the weekend, that makes things easier as there's less interruptions, hopefully I'll be caught up by lunch time, I want to sneak a little snooze after lunch today.. Smile

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 10-20-2019

And this old man overslept again this morning, as a result I've got a stinking headache now, pracetamol will hopefully fix it, then I can get on and enjoy a nice fine sunday.. Smile

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 10-21-2019

It's good to see the sun, we've had a lot of dull overcast days since the start of spring, I find he dull days get a little depressing after a while, need the sun back to get us feeling better..

I hope now we have the shoutbox it'll get used, I may set a character limit on it later, if I do it'll likely be at least 300 letters, that should give enough space to make a brief comment..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 10-22-2019

It's one of those days I wish I could've stayed in bed, but had to get out for the shopping and get a load of prescriptions filled, I've now spent a lot more than usual, so it looks like no going out anywhere that costs money this week, all good though, at least things are caught up with..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - sissy - 10-22-2019

Hi and good morning everyone. I hope that you have a super day.

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 10-23-2019

Good to see you sissy.. Wink

After a really busy day yesterday it looks like it may be a quiet day here today, I hope so anyway as this old man needs a slow quiet day or two, hopefully I'll get a few online chores done, some have been waiting a week or two because of real life getting in the way, who said we get to slow down once we retire?

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 10-24-2019

Well, it's Hawkes Bay show day tomorrow and our Labour Day on next monday, so a 4 day weekend for a lot of us, usually this weekend is the turning point weather wise too, spring seems to finally settle into spring properly just before or after the weekend, no more of the up and down weather we've been getting so far.. I haven't checked yet, but I hope there's a few decent films on I haven't seen several times already, I'm hoping on blobbing out over the weekend and being a lazy ole man.. Smile

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 10-25-2019

I'm a bit late this morning, I was busy sending a nasty email to our city council who own the flats where I am, they want to increase everyone's rents by just over $20 a week as of 1 January 2020, al the folk here are on benefits and pensions, so we're all struggling to make ends meet, the rent increase is only because the council don't check their invoices before they pay them, so their maintenance bills gone through the roof, the tenants have to pay for that which I think is unfair, the folk here are poor and can't afford it, plus the rent goes up on 1 January, everyone will be trying to recover their budgets from christmas and getting presents for their children and grandchildren.. It's always those who cam least afford it that get hit in the bank accounts eh.. Sad

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 10-26-2019

We have a long weekend here at present, yesterday was Hawkes Bay show day and monday is Labour Day.. I thought I'd be able to kick back and relax a bit this weekend, but being a 4 da weekend I got paid early so I went out to get some shopping and visit the chemist to get the remainder of one of my meds, truth be known I didn't mind getting out as it's a nice sunny morning and starting to warm up nicely..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 10-27-2019

It's a nice sunny day here at present, it's supposed to get up to 26 degrees, so I may take a laptop and go outside and sit in the sun for a while once the dishes and washing are done, at 26 degrees it'll be almost warm enough to not need a jersey on for a change.. Smile

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - sissy - 10-27-2019

Good evening everyone. I hope you are having a great day.

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 10-28-2019

Good to see you sissy, I hope we start seeing more of you.. Wink

It's Labour Day here today, so the last day of a 4 day weekend for those of us in Hawkes Bay, seeing it is a holiday I might take it easy and have one of my not very regular after lunch naps, I've been up by 4.00 a.m. and not getting to bed until after midnight for the past week so a lack of sleeps catching up with this old man.. Sad

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 10-29-2019

It seems this morning is a bad start to a short work week, at least when things are bad they can only get better, hopefully that's the case today.. Now the mornings hassles are dealt with and the chores are done I can relax and enjoy the coffee in front of me.. Smile

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 10-30-2019

It's a nice day here, got a loaf of stale bread in the kitchen so I may get over to the local park and feed the ducks later and enjoy a bit of sun as well, got to love our sunny days when we get them, it seems we've had more than our share of overcast or wet days of late which get a little depressing after a while..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 10-31-2019

It seems to be one of those days again here, constant interruptions and chores to get done offline, I've now reheated my coffee in the microwave, so time for a little online time now.. Glad I got out yesterday and enjoyed the sun, it's a dull overcast morning and not so warm today, it's an inside and work day..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 11-01-2019

The end of another working week here, I woke at 4.00 a.m. as usual so decided to watch the Al Jzeera news for a while, the first item I saw was the fact Congress had formalised the hearing into Trumps impeachment, no doubt there's a lot of happy anti Trump US citizens today.. It seems to have been a close vote, I wonder if his days are now numbered with the enquiry all go?

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 11-02-2019

Well, my morning visitor has been in early, so hopefully it's a quiet sunday here now.. I find it a little surprising Halloween hasn't really caught on here, there's very few kids out and about on the day, I guess we have our own days to celebrate, so no need to take others days and use them, Halloweens on the calendars here, but few folk seem to observe it..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 11-03-2019

I was hoping for a quiet day today, unfortunately I've got washing to get done and a sink full of dishes, I idn't want a lazy sunday.. Sad At least with al the other things to do I won't get time to get bored..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 11-04-2019

Nice to get some summer type weather at last, we got a mid 35 degrees yesterday, today's shaping up to be the same, summer doesn't start for another month, it could be a nice warm one.. Smile I may get a laptop out shortly and go out and sit in the shade..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 11-05-2019

It was a late start here this morning, but the shopping's done and a few towels are washed and on the line, with today's nice warm weather they'll be dry by lunch time.. I may go sit out in the shade with a laptop shortly seeing it's almost to warm inside now..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 11-06-2019

After running round most of the day yesterday I've got a quieter day once the dishes and washing are done, hopefully I can sneak an after lunch nap today, methinks I need it..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 11-07-2019

It's thursday and for some reason I feel like it should be tuesday, seems the days are passing far to quickly for my liking, christmas is only 6 odd weeks away and I've not started doing anything to get ready for it as yet, I should get my overseas cards done at least or they'll arrive late..