Sandy's Whare
The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Printable Version

+- Sandy's Whare (https://sandyswhare.createmybb4.com)
+-- Forum: General korero. (https://sandyswhare.createmybb4.com/forum-22.html)
+--- Forum: General Korero. (https://sandyswhare.createmybb4.com/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. (/thread-21.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 04-05-2020

Morena everyone, I hope you have a good day..

It was the end of daylight saving here for another year last night, so it's all downhill from here now, considering sunrise here yesterday didn't happen until 7.30 a.m. I was glad the clocks went back an hour last night especially as I'm always awake by 5.00 a.m. the downside os it getting dark earlier in the evenings now.. Sad

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 04-06-2020

It's another morning I've been held up getting online, I got on and found a lod of emails, about 40 I think, the important ones were answered, the remaining few can wait until this evening while the advertisings on TV..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 04-07-2020

It's my usual busy tuesday morning, the shoppings done and put away and the chemist visited, I just have to get on my bank site and pay one bill and that's hopefully it for the day..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 04-08-2020

It seems since daylight saving ended last weekend here the nights have got a lot cooler, while I didn't put the heater on until close to 10.00 p.m. last night it was a lot cooler than usual this morning, luckily the days are still mild enough to not need the heate, this old man is wearing a jersey at present, after the hot summer we've just had a lot of us are hoping for a mild winter which is getting close now..

Looks like a quiet day here today, with us on level 4 for the 14th day a lot of businesses are closed or the staff are working from home if it's an essential business so I'm not getting much to do from the few friends who often asked for help keeping up with their businesses work, it's a good excuse for me to get caught up on the little jobs I didn't quite get time for every day..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 04-09-2020

We're on day 15 of our lockdown now and I'm not enjoying it to much, possibly because we've gone from deing able to doing what we like to not being anle to do much at all, I guess it gives everyone an incentive to follow the rules, if we all do the level 4 will drop to level 3 a bit quicker.. At least I'm one that has a long list of things to do indoors both on and offline, times are likely costing the mums and dads out there seeing the kids are still home from school, I'm surprised none of the different TV stations are putting movies on during the day for the kids, it's be one way of getting the kids behaving and doing any chores if there was something on TV they really wanted to watch..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 04-10-2020

With us being on lockdown for the 16th day I'm starting to get a little stir crazy, the only times we're allowed out is for groceries, picking up meds from the chemist and a bit of a daily walk as long as we stay within our neighbourhood, this old fella isn't very mobile these days so the walking is pretty much ot, I can use my mobility scooter and go to the park for a bit as long as it's a fine day.. My doctor kindly reminded me I'm one of his high risk patients a couple of weeks ago, so at present I have to be a lot more careful if I do go out.. The weathers not very nice today so I'm staying home and finishing the list of chores off, hopefully a friend will have some work for me t do..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 04-11-2020

Not long home from getting some shopping,
I was surprised how few cars were out too, I may have had 10 cars pass by in a 1.5 mile ride to the supermarket, usually the traffic is bumper to bumper the whole trip, it felt a bit spooky really, especially as there's no flights in or out of town at present, there's usually a plane coming or going every 10 to 15 minutes out of the peak hour times..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 04-12-2020

It's a really nice autumn morning here, once the washings finished I may take a laptop outside and enjoy the nice day rather than stay stuck inside, with us being on level 4 for the Covid 19 for the 17th day a lot of us are getting a little stir crazy, we're only allowed out for groceries, to pick up meds and go for a bit of a walk as long as we don't go to far from home while walking or go for a 10 mile drive to have a walk.. I'm classed as a high risk patient, so the less I get out at present the better it is for me, on the downside it means I'll get a bit stir crazy sooner, sitting outside in the sun is one way of thinking I'm out for a while and still as safe asis possible..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 04-13-2020

We're up to day 18 of our lockdown and I still havent got used to it being so quiet, no traffic about on a normally busy street and no flights passing over on the way to or from our airport, I'm glad most people are staying home as much as is possible though.. At least being stuck home I've got through a number of chores I kept saying I'd do and never quite got the time for, by the time our lockdowns over I may have them all done..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 04-14-2020

It's really strange times at present, I'm still somewhat surprised as to how fast the Covid 19 spread, it feels like it was only a few short weeks ago it was an outbreak in one Chinese city, now it's gone through the epidemic stage to being a pandemic and sadly killing a lot of people, fingers crossed they find both a treatment and a vaccine for it soon, I feel for all the families that have lost someone to it and hope their deaths weren't in vein..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 04-15-2020

I've just been emailing a couple of our TV companies wondering why they haven't changed their programmig a bit so the kids can get a movie on after lunch each day and maybe another early evening, IMO it'd be a good way for parents to blackmail the kids and get them behaving and doing what few chores they may have done, it'd give everyone a bit of a break if we had something on TV worth watching, I doubt the TV people will do anything, but nothing ventured nothing gained I say.. We could use a bit of a distraction from all the Covid 19 doom and gloom at present too..

The government was suggesting the kids may return to school at the end of April all going well, by that stage the kids will have been home for over 6 weeks and not allowed to do the usual thingslike going out or going to friends places, so like the parents they'll be a bit stir crazy, a change in programming on TV won't cure things, but it will help the parents a lot and help keep the kids occupied if there's something on TV they really want to watch..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 04-16-2020

We've been on level 4 for Covid 19 for 3 weeks today and now I'm about out of chores to do I'm quite ready to be allowed to get out and about a bit mre than we have been, we've only been allowed out if we need groceries, to get meds from the chemist or a short walk within our neighbourhood each day, a lot of parents are no doubt getting a little stressed having the children home too, especially as a lot of people are working from home at present, interruptions from the ids would be getting a little.. annoying now.. There's still talk of our going down to level 3 on 22 April, but a lot of the level 4 limits will still be in place when we drop a level, the kids may be back to school on 29 April which IMHO is a little soon seeing young childrens immune systems aren't very good.. Our new cases of Covid 19 are dropping a lot now, so hopefully we'll be safe for kevel 3 and the kids going back to school, I'm not sure they wouldn't be better continuing getting classes at home for a little longer though..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 04-17-2020

Just when I thought I had a quiet day today I get a reminder I have to see my doctor and do a couple of chores while out, as long as the rain holds off until I get home I'll be happy..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 04-18-2020

We've got a really nice autumn morning here today, I may take a laptop and sit out in the sun for a while shortly and make the most of the good weather, winters not far away, that'll see us stuck indoors seeing it'll be to cold.. Hopefully we drop a level on time, the government was aiming for 22 April, it won't make a lot of difference other than more businesses being able to open up again and the kids going back to school if the parents returning to work don't have someone to look after the children, at least level 3 will be a move in the right direction..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 04-19-2020

Another sunday is upon us and I've found a few more chores to get done, luckily they shouldn't take to long to get done as long as I'm not interrupted.. This being on lockdown is starting to get to me, I'll be one of the many who will be glad to see the Covid 19 gone..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 04-20-2020

It's a nice autumn morning so it may see me taking a laptop outside and working rather than staying inside, winter will be here all to soon so I'll take advantage of the good weather while I can..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 04-21-2020

Been and done my shopping, I was expecting a long line of people waiting to go in for their groceries seeing there was a lot of traffic about, but no one waiting and very few in the shop which was handy.. Time for a coffee and a break before lunch now everything's put away and the chores are done..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 04-22-2020

We still nay not be allowed to go far from home unless necessary, but we can sit out in the sun and enjoy a sunny warm morning, I'll be doing just that once the washings finished and pegged out to dry, it could be a long cold winter once it arrives so gotta make the most of what few good days we still have..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 04-23-2020

I'm glad I've been making the most of the fine days, it's a dull cold morning which means staying inside, staying in is a little easie with having been out making the most of the good dats.. Only 4 more days of our level 4 lockdown, then we drop to level 3 on monday night, it won't make life easier for those of us at home, but a lot of the businesses that have been closed will re open on tuesday morning which is a step in the right direction..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 04-24-2020

I must admit to being a bit tired of this lockdown, us kiwis like getting out and doing outdoors, not being stuck inside every day, while we're dropping to level 3 on monday night, that's onlt easing things for the businesses, we still have to stay home as much as is possible and only go out for essentials.. Sad

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 04-25-2020

It's ANZAC Day here today, our day for remembering our fallen military folk, we weren't allowed the usual dawn services for them this year because of the Covid 19, the RSA who represent all our military folk arranged a tribute show on a national radio station at 6.00 a.m. instead and asked that we stand on our driveway by the street and give a moments silence at 6.00 a.m. It was a bit chilly, but I got out there and paid my respects as best we could, this was the first time we haven't had a dawn service since the end of WW1, hopefully the old diggers will understand why it didn't happen..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 04-26-2020

Not long home from getting some shopping, then remembered the dishes and washing which are now done, so time for a bit of a rest before my roast beef lunch.. Smile

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 04-27-2020

Seeing it's a nice warm morning I might take a laptop outside and sit in the sun for the mrning, autumn has been good so far, the nights may be getting a bit cool but the good days are making up for it, we can't waste a nice day by sitting inside, we can't stray far from home without good reason, but we can sit outside and make the most of the good weather..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 04-28-2020

We were officially down to level 3 at 11.59 p.m. last night, so most businesses are back to work this morning, not a lot has changed otherwise, people who get home help will now get their housework done again, after 5 weeks of no vacuuming or dusting they'll likely need it done..

We have a nice fine warm autumn day here, so all is right with the world for now, hopefully once winter arrives it won't hit us overnight and see us warm one day and freezing the next.. I may just go outside with a laptop shortly and enjoy the sun.. Smile

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 04-29-2020

It's day 2 of level 3 for us today, there was long ques at McDonalds and the KFC drive throughs yesyrtday, 5 weeks of no takeaways and folk were qued right up, there was over 60 cars waiting for McDonalds to open, lol.. I'm not sure I'd wait that long there,,

A nice day again so I may go sit in the sun shortly and make the most of these good autumn days..