Sandy's Whare
The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Printable Version

+- Sandy's Whare (https://sandyswhare.createmybb4.com)
+-- Forum: General korero. (https://sandyswhare.createmybb4.com/forum-22.html)
+--- Forum: General Korero. (https://sandyswhare.createmybb4.com/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. (/thread-21.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 08-25-2019

Ahiahi folks, I hope you had a good day..

It's been a really lazy day here, I even had a 2 hour nanny nap after lunch, it is sunday though, I'm caught up on all my jobs, for now, so after to many long days this old fella needed a lazy day, bring on a few more.. Smile

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 08-26-2019

Morena everyone, I hope you have a good day..

It looks like a much needed lazy day here today and a nanny nap after lunch for this old fella, I should be out enjoying the sun, but I'm feeling to lazy to get a laptop and a chair outside, it'll be lunch time in an hour, so maybe after my nanny nap I'll go sit in the sun for a while..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 08-28-2019

It's been a lazy day here today for a change, I'm just having coffee before getting moving and getting an evening meal which looks like a ham and cheese sandwich or two..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 08-29-2019

It looks like another nice day in kiwiland, if it warms up enough this old kiwi may take a laptop out in the sun to work rather than stay inside, it seems a shame to waste a good fine day staying indoors, I've had enough of being inside over winter with it being so cold too, time to enjoy the sun and warmth outdoors..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 08-31-2019

This old fellas waiting for a load of towels to finish washing, once they're on the line it's a lazy saturday, if friends ask for jobs to be done before monday they'll be told what to do and where to go in no uncertain terms, lol, this old fella needs the weekend off for a change..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 09-01-2019

It looks like this old fella will be shifting out into the sun in an hour or so as we have a nice fine sunday, it seems a shame to waste a good day being indoors, so out it is with a laptop and read some news online..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 09-02-2019

Well, it's the second day of spring here, even better is that daylight saving starts at the end of the month, it feels like we only put the clocks vack an hour a month or so ago too.. We've had some nice days over the past week or so, so hopefully it'll be a good spring if a little late, the blossom should've been out a couple of weeks ago, bring on the nice 30 degree days.. Smile

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 09-05-2019

I got to do some online shopping last night, I'm glad I won't be using that stores site again for a good while, it's terrible compared to most others here which are mostly pretty easy and quick to use..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 09-06-2019

Well, it looks like it's a stop inside day today, it's another day of rain here and it's a bit cooler too, so it looks like I'll be doing the research online I've been putting off because of some nice weather, I've got something to do, got coffee and the heaters on so I'm set until lunch time..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 09-07-2019

Ahiahi folks, I hope you're having a good day..

I'm stopping home again as it's freezing cold and wet, luckily I'm trying to find a couple of clothing items online, finding the shop that has them is proving a chore, at least I've got something to do with my day after my after lunch nanny nap of course.. Smile

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 09-08-2019

I was hoping today might've seen the weather improve, sadly it's to wet and cold to get out anywhere today so I might download a few movies shortly and watch them after my nanny nap at lunch time and tonight seeing there's nothing much on TV tonight.. I've still got a few things I want to check out online too, so thankfully I won't be bored today..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 09-09-2019

I've been stuck inside by the heater today it's been so cold, at least I got a little research done for the NZ section which will get added once I find out more, and I get time to edit it before I add it, I'd like to make sure I got my facts right as well as spelling and grammar..

I'm missing not seeing the blossom, ir's normally in full bloom in mid August and is a sign springs here at last, sadly it's been so cold the most the trees have is a few blossom buds that came after we got a few warm days, I kind of hope they don't die off and leave us without any blossom this year, it's kind of nice getting the colours of spring, even if only briefly..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 09-10-2019

Well, I've braved the cold weather and got the shopping in for another week, I'm enjoying a break and a coffee before I crack on and do a little research, hopefully it's a peaceful day, that way I can get a few things done..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 09-11-2019

Finally after a week of cold wet weather it's fine, so I may go over to the park later and feed the ducks just to get out for a while, I was getting stir crazy being stuck inside, so going out for an hour and getting some sun will be a good remedy.. Smile

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 09-12-2019

I decided seeing it's our second nice fine warm day I'd catch up on my washing, I've done a load of towels already and they're on the line, just waiting for a load of clothes to finish now and they'll go on the line rather than in the clothes dryer.. It's good to see some fine warm weather at last, hopefully springs back to stay this time.. Normally the blossom and daffodils would be in full bloom in mid August, we're still waiting for the blossom buds to bloom, another week of fine warm weather will hopefully see the blossom and daffodils flowering.. Smile

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 09-13-2019

I feel like having a moan at Microsoft, this computer had got updates and restarted at 9.00 a.m. yesterday mornig, so I had to do the disc clean and defrag before I could do anything, if Microsoft had any sense they'd release updates at dinner time, that way fewer of us are online... I wanted to finish some research and post it, but by the time I got finished sorting the computer after the updates I was almost out of time.. If I'm not to tired this evening I'll try and ad a few things..

I guess I should update the laptops too, both are a couple of months behind on their updates, otherwise I'd use them..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 09-14-2019

Seeing Microsoft caught me out the other morning I'm updating one of the laptops at present, at least that won't restart on me if I take it outside to work now, if I'm up to it I may update the smaller Windows 7 laptop this evening.. It's going to be a 21 degree day today, so sitting outside in the sun doing a little work seems like a good idea, I don't like wasting a nice day by sitting indoors..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 09-15-2019

I've been trying to get some research done this week, every time I start I get interrupted just after I find what want, methinks a big do not disturb sign is needed, lol.. At least I got a little in here about the NZ wars last night which will get added to as and when I get time, at least we have something at last.. The NZ wars were a big thing with a lot of battles spread over the country, some lasted for over 20 years so there's a lot to find out there..

With it being sunday I feel lazy, if I add much it won't be to much as this old fellas feeling a bit tired, there's a few chores to be done offline today too.. Sad

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 09-16-2019

I was just looking at the calendar to see when our daylight saving starts, it'll be on 6 October this year, so 3 weeks from yesterday will see us getting longer evenings, from memory it's now about 50 years since daylight saving started here in NZ, possibly a good thing given that sunrise here where I am would be about 4.30 a.m. without daylight saving, that'd possibly have a lot of kids up super early in the mornings now and driving a lot of parents nuts, lol..

Hopefully seeing it's a new week I can get more done in the NZ wars section here, a lot of the tactics used by the maori I already knew about, I am finding a few new tactics though, I hope everyone finds the section as interesting as I do.. Smile

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 09-17-2019

Well, it took a little longer than usual, but the shopping's done for another week.. I thought I was being smart getting to the supermarket later than usual, it seems most of the people I know were late getting their shopping too, the good thing is that I got to have a bit of a gossip with a couple of people I hadn't seen for a while, so all good..

*wonders where sissy is, no coffee here again* Sad

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 09-18-2019

I seem to be having fun finding out things about the NZ wars, Google is good for finding info, but if the search questions not worded correctly it won't get the right results, luckily I have a few books I can refer to if needs be even if finding things online is sometimes better.. I dd do history at school, but that was longer ago than I care to remember, so there's holes in my memory with regards a lot of facts and dates.. There will be more added to the Wars section, it just could take a little time to get things together.. I may do a bit relying on my memory and fill in the gaps as I find more..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 09-19-2019

Another nice day here, it makes it hard staying inside working when the weathers so good, it's a pity we can't get wifi in our parks or I'd be one to take a laptop over and sit in the sun to do a little research and read the news.. If I sit outside it'll be outside my back door in the sun for a while that'll do this old man..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 09-19-2019

Pomarie folks, have a good night..

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 09-20-2019

It's a nice day here, it got me thinking of taking a laptop outside in the sun once the dishes are done and the washings finished, it'd make a pleasant change sitting out in the sun instead of being inside, I've been couped up all winter so time to enjy the warmer weather..

*wonders where sissy is, no coffee ready again* Sad

RE: The good morning/afternoon/evening thread. - Sandy - 09-21-2019

I was up later than usual last night, out of the 29 free to air TV channels we have, the only thing worth watching was a couple of hours or so of the WWE wrestling which I ended up watching for a laugh or two.. I haven't looked online to see what's on tonight yet, but I may download a couple of movies shortly, Steven Segal may do the trick for me.. Smile